• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

Chris Robinson Brotherhood

#14518 2 years, 12 months ago
Anyone going to any of these shows?
I'll be there tomorrow @ The New Parish..
"A Very Special 4-20 Celebration with special guest"
Guest? hmmmmm
That often means an opening band but there haven't been openers on this tour...

I'm also going to the 2 remaining SF shows and the other one in Oakland @ The New Parish as well. I haven't been to this place yet. It's new.

What a long strange tour, only 15 bucks for tickets. I'm pumped.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by sjfgreenman.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

Re: Chris Robinson Brotherhood

#14805 2 years, 12 months ago
This show is sold out and it turns out I have an extra if anyone's interested, we had an overlap..can meet up in front. I'm leaving in about 20-25minutes, it's 5:20 now. I'll check back before heading out.

(((folkYEAH!))) Presents:
A Very Special 4-20...
Date+Time Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 8:00 PM - Thursday,
April 21, 2011 at 12:00 AM (PT)
Type ((folkYEAH!))) Presents: A 4-20 Celebration with Chris Robinson Brotherhood +
special guest :: Wednesday, April 20 :: New Parish in Oakland! $17.82
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by sjfgreenman.
Canyon
Junior Boarder

#14824 2 years, 12 months ago
saw 'em last week, very nice show, Neal Casal is a hell of a guitar player. I wish they would mix up the setlists a little more but a small complaint overall a very fun night out...
Shoot the breeze, lose the keys
Feed the poor, stop the war
Make the signs, connect the lines
Pay your fines, save your dimes
Watch The Feds, Dig The Dead

reflectionsofmatter.com
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#15178 2 years, 12 months ago
Agreed about Neil, had a chance to watch him up close and was blown away. I'll try to write a review if I can grab 15 minutes but I'm seeing the Giants tonite and the schedule is crazy right now.

This band is tight, grooving, raunchy, psychedelic and fun as hell. The Viola Lee encore was massive w/ a guest guitar player.

The New Parish rocks, awesome venue. I'll have to think about taking BART oover there, convienant as it is..we would have missed most of the 2nd set if we bailed since the show was waaay behind schedule. A 420 show not starting on time? go figure.

We made a choice to try to bum a ride and were extremely lucky to meet up with a concert promo guy who immediately said "got ya covered, anywhere in SF". The guy was a saint and we munched heroic amounts of Mexican food in the Mission to celebrate it all. He was handing out fliers for Wavy's 75th, good thing because I had completely forgotten about that show.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds